W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: It's the Economy, Stupid.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's the Economy, Stupid.

I wish I could say that I haven't been blogging because I've been so incredibly busy that all I can concentrate on doing when I come home is The Hills and shiraz, but no. Not even close. The Circus is as dead as a freakin' door nail, other than the El Cheapo Produce Joint which seems not to be phased by the shite economic state of this great country, but whatever. Argh!

The one shining moment in Hell was that yesterday an old man came up to the counter to tell me I was 'absolutely gorgeous'. Clearly the quality of his eyesight needs to be called into question, but I'll take it. So I gave him a free cupcake. Pathetic, eh?

I confess I've been spending time watching a lot of the Judge shows when I come home from work at 2 (2!). But I don't drink wine until at least 6. That's four hours to bite my nails and pray that people will stop making box cupcake mix and just buy 'em already. Who has time to bake?!

I heard on the BBC the other night that the itinerant Mexican workers are leaving the U.S. to go back to Mexico because there's no work.

The one saving grace is that we got a very nice cushy order for a Tiffany's themed sorority party in January (blue-green cupcakes with white bow). Will bite nails until then.

EMERGENCY NON-SEQUITUR: IT APPEARS THAT HEIDI IS GOING TO MARRY SPENCER IN A CIVIL CEREMONY IN THE SEASON FINALE. GOD. HELP. US. ALL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home