W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Bringing The Heartland to GodZone. And Vice Versa.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Bringing The Heartland to GodZone. And Vice Versa.


I have been requested to cook something American. Not sure what to do, considering most things quintessentially American come from a can, bag, or jar (Rice-a-roni, Chef-Boy-R-Dee, Chicken Tonight) or are already ubiquitous the world over. You can be within spitting distance of Antarctica and still find yourself a nice bucket o' KFC.

***
Yesterday I bought six bottles of wine in Wairarapa with the hopes I'd be able to smuggle them back into the US without a fuss. I managed to do it with three bottles of whisky from Scotland last year and I'm praying that the customs gods are still on my side. Maybe I am pressing my luck.

***
Martha and I stalked Peter Jackson. Well, we drove past his house and managed to get a glimpse of some turrets, a railroad tunnel, a surveillance camera and some pretty impressive gates. Apparently he's got his own Neverland Ranch back there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are having a fabulous time! Also - it's really a shame you didn't plan for your American-cooking extravaganza, because you could have come armed with a box or two of Hamburger Helper!

1/07/2008 5:47 PM  
Blogger RJ said...

I'm jealous -- I want to be there

1/08/2008 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home