W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Wellycome!

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Wellycome!



Wellington is breathtaking. Beautiful views everywhere you turn.


I finally have a bit of energy to write yet I have nothing clever to say because I'm still recovering from an acute case of jetlaghangoveritis, a rare condition that only occurs under the very specific conditions of travelling for 30 hours and then consuming three bottles of wine with two other people. I am a little under the weather. down under. here.

I am happy to report that - as expected - Martha is as fabulous in person as she is on her blog and she and her lovely family are the most gracious hosts ever. They have set up a wonderful room of my own, toted me around and fed me (last night a roasted lamb shank studded with anchovies and rosemary. Delicious. Tonight it was a feijoa juice/pear vodka cocktail which was perfectly Polynesian in my book. All it was missing was a little paper umbrella.). They have been simply wonderful.

Tomorrow we head out to Wairarapa to check out the vineyards of Martinborough (pronounced "Mahteenburuh" if I've got it right) and tool about like the classy folk we are. I can't wait! Pix will come!

3 Comments:

Blogger RJ said...

awesome -

blue skies, sunny wheather -

1/05/2008 12:59 PM  
Blogger RJ said...

weather rather

1/05/2008 1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I am green with envy. Happy travels to you!

1/07/2008 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home