W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Ramblings of the Day.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Ramblings of the Day.

We raised the prices of our "boutique brownies" today from $2.50 to $2.75. I had been wanting to do it for a while for the Peanut Butter Brownies, the Rocky Road Brownies and the Chocolate Mint Brownies because of either the labor or the cost of ingredients, but didn't have much of any impetus until I came up with the *new* Nutty Boozer Brownies which have 1 1/2 cups of Glenlivet 12 in them. And now I await the wrath of the Circus Clientele - or at least the ones who live at the Greyhound Station.

***
I forgot to mention that Jackie told me that I REALLY had to turn up my creativity nobs on SUPER HIGH in the next couple of months. And I'm feelin' it. I'm goin' with it. That's actually what I'm good at. Not the money part, or the management part, but the creativity part of The Canary I feel confident about. Hence, the Nutty Boozer Brownies: Our lovely brownie base, which many of you are already familiar with, topped with a hazelnut ganache spiked with a healthy dose of Scotch- decent swill, the Glenlivet 12 year, $39 a bottle ($33 on sale!), with a nice crumble of hazelnut praline on the top. Very smooth, little crunchiness, a little boozy-woozyness....Already sold several today. Next stop is the Nutella wedding cake my friend has commissioned me to make. We're working on that.

****

SFG keeps confusing The Gentle Waves with Camera Obscura, which is relatively cute. He will learn eventually.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i sense i must move to NY to consume some of these brownies

11/05/2007 11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why, oh why, do I not love Scotch? Oh yeah, because I once attempted to mix it with Hawaiian punch. Shudder.

I miss you, friend.

11/06/2007 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home