W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: A Haunting.

Friday, October 26, 2007

A Haunting.

Ohhh! A ghost story just in time for Halloween!

So I had my reading yesterday. Pretty freakin' interesting. Jackie said that The Canary is haunted by poltergeists. In fact, there is apparently a whole other set of workers other than my own who are doing their thing hacking up fishes while we bake our cupcakes. No wonder it feels so damn cramped back there. She said she saw lots of workers back there, butchering fish and creating lots of blood and guts.* And they like to take stuff - like knives and other shiny things - because that's what they need to do their jobs.

...which is totally freakin' weird because I can't tell you how many times knives have disappeared - sometimes for days on end - and then suddenly reappear. We just assumed someone came in in the middle of the night and borrowed the knives and then returned them when they were ready. I guess they sort of did.

Aside from the knives, our fishermongering poltergeists also like to steal the blue cupcake batter scoop (which we have yet to find) and the scone cutter (which comes and goes). God knows what they needed with those items.

Last night I taunted them before I left by leaving the butchers knife and a glass of Christian Brothers on the counter with the knife outlined in sharpie and a note that said "Please feel free to use. Just return! Thanks! [smiley face]" but they didn't bite. This morning, however, after a six eyed search and Rasputina doing every last dirty dish in the shop to find the lost large offset spatula, it just suddenly appeared in the sink! I swear on Fudgie my dead cat's grave. They seem to know exactly what you will need and then they steal it until you are ready to rip your hair out and then they put it back in this dimension and you think you're losing your mind. I don't like being messed with like that.

*I did get a confirm from the Manager of the Circus, that in fact there was lots of fish gore back in our area - which also explains why the floors are sloped. Interesting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is FREAKY! Do you think they are even aware that they are dead? What a perfect place for unaware dead folks. ("I see dead people...." Didn't the Sixth Sense take place in Philly?))

10/30/2007 7:25 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

I wonder if they know they are dead. They must be wondering what girls making cupcakes are doing in their space though. And yes, it did!

10/31/2007 6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, THAT? WEIRD. I was just thinking about jackie and how I should go see her again.

11/01/2007 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home