W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Devastating News.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Devastating News.

I have a very sad announcement. Cue the bagpipes...

Gin and I can no longer be friends.

Last night I came home from work and fixed a lovely pizza from scratch (bufalo mozzarella, truffled goat cheese, pepperoni, fresh basil). Over the course of the 2 1/2 hours between preparing the meal, eating it, and then plunking down on the couch, I drank two gin and tonics. I don't even think I finished the second one. Either way, by the third hour I was pretty much plastered - but in a super chatty, hyper, Let Me Tell YOU sort of way (hence SFG's are you on coke? question). I was so wasted I went to sleep at about 10 pm, woke up at 12:30 still drunk. As if I'd consumed an entire bottle of wine. It was that bad.

I am either becoming a serious lightweight, have developed some sort of strange allergy to gin, have a hormonal or metabolic imbalance, or just can't take the Citadelle that we purchased on a whim.

Last week I had a g&t with the Citadelle and got a super raging headache. Maybe I just can't do French gin. I will have to switch back to Hendrick's and see what happens. But I am afraid. What if I have to break up with that one too? Life will simply no longer be the same.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Perhaps you need to stick with the Bombay Sapphire. What country is that from? I don't think it's French. Bombay...India? WTF? I am a loser.

11/06/2007 8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have done that----always when It's close to my time of month. So, it could just be the wrong time of month for Gin! :)

11/06/2007 11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gin's never agreed with me. Period. It makes me a loud insane person. I've done really really stupid and dangerous things after drinking gin.

11/07/2007 7:09 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Lara: me thinks Bombay is British? They do know their gin - hence the Hendrick's...yerm.

Sherry: Speak o' the devil! See next post!

Maria: This is the first time for ginsanity (I think I just coined a phrase?!). Usually red wine makes me rambly.

11/07/2007 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home