W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Product Review: Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Product Review: Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor.

Shade: #56 Continuous Rouge
Price: $9.99, CVS
Stars: ***

Tired of crouching down behind the cabinets during working hours to apply my lipstick twelve times a day, I decided to give one of these newfangled semi-permanent lipsticks a shot.

I am very pale. As are my lips. And if I had to choose one item of make-up to take on a desert island, or to prison, perhaps, I’d take lipstick. The only problem is that I need to keep putting that shite on constantly. Otherwise I am deathly pasty again in minutes. And that ain't pretty.

OK, so you need to be very very careful with this stuff. Once you put it on and it dries, it is on for hours. So don’t screw up, or you’ll look like Joan Crawford having a crappy day. All day long.

Did it hold up for eight hours? No, but it stayed on pretty well for about four. And then the magic started to happen. The color on the inner part of my lips started to wear off while a nice bright Continuous Rouge outline stayed on nice and fresh on the outside. And when you’re not going for that Deep Brooklyn-BabbyDaddy-Christina Aguilera look this can be a problem. So then I had to keep putting on my old standby lipstick to keep the monotone color. Of course, I hadn’t thought to bring #56 with me because fuck! This fucker should last eight hours – and besides when it does wear off, it will wear like normal lipstick, right?

Wrong. You kinda do start to look a little scary if someone isn't there to tell you so (Thnx, Rasputina! You're My Savior!)

Oh, and did I mention this stuff smelled faintly of acetone when I put it on? And that you have to use ‘an oil-based make-up remover’ to get it off? I’m not even sure turpentine would do the trick.

BUT it did stay on for quite a while. So for that, kudos to you, Revlon. Even if I do wind up developing some horrid chemical allergy to this stuff, I’ll consider it the proper price to pay for not having to deal with The Crouch Behind the Cabinet Anymore.



2 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

Yay, product review! My two cents: Blistex Lip Tone, if you can find it, is great because it's a lip balm that adds just enough color. I also really like the Neutrogena moisture shine tinted lip balm.

7/19/2006 12:40 AM  
Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

Ha! I love the product review, and am actually grateful for it because I've been very curious about this product! Awesome, OV.

Thanks again for the spur-of-the-moment drinkie and deliciousness yesterday. I totally needed it.

7/20/2006 12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home