W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: You Love Me! You Really Love Me!

Thursday, March 09, 2006

You Love Me! You Really Love Me!

Philly, you came through!

This morning I got up at the crack of dawn to call the health department to find out whereingodsnameismypermit because I was told that the best times to call are between 8 and 8:30 am and 4 and 4:30 pm (Now that's service!). I needed to be adequately caffeinated and ready to rumble with these people.

"Yes, you're approved."
"Oh yay! Yay! Thank you thank you thank you. Really Thank. You."
"Yeah, we just haven't mailed out your formal confirmation letter yet. We got the paperwork back on Tuesday. Have you finished construction?"

Good lord. After leaving a half dozen messages for these people, telling my teary-eyed sob story about how I'm a small business and this waiting is killing me, it's bleeding me dry, so please please please let me know the status of my application, because really I can't wait much longer and I just might have to move to Delaware and that would be a real pain in the ass. And wait, wha? YOU TOLD ME I COULDN'T START CONSTRUCTION UNTIL YOUR FREAKIN' PERMIT CAME THROUGH.

I suppose I shouldn't dwell.

Cheers!

Unrelated: Red, The Lucksmiths do a fantabulous cover of There Is A Light on Romantic and Square is Hip and Aware (a phrase that is one of my personal mantras). It's a Smiths tribute, but the rest of the album is so-so. (If I had a clue how to do an audioblog, I'd put it on here). And it's a duet, which makes it all the more sweet. It's very swoonable! And I want to hear an audioblog of YOU singing What About Love.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaaaaaaaaay!

Congratulations!

3/09/2006 1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!! Delaware's loss is our gain. It's about time. I'm just thrilled. Let the games begin.

3/09/2006 3:19 PM  
Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

YAHHHHOOOOOOOO! Rock on.

3/09/2006 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home