W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Dutch Candy: Trick or Treat?

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Dutch Candy: Trick or Treat?



I've been meaning to blog about this topic for a while but it slipped my mind until recently when I started fantasizing about heading back to The Pijp for a little vacation that is so greatly needed right about now...

Anyway, I've always had a theory that Dutch candy is actually used as punishment for naughty little Dutch children. How else can you explain double salty licorice as enticement for anything? Ick. Maybe that's what happened to Kevin.

Here's what I'm talking about. Unfortunately most of the pictures are crappy, but just the descriptions will lend credence to my theory.

Katja Herring Licorice (6 bags of 500 Gr)

Katja Yoghurtgums (6 bag of 500 Gr)

Verduyn Salmiak Balls (1000 grams)

Salmiak Licorice (Salmiac, Salmiakjes): Either Pastilles (Strong Salty Hard Little Diamonds), Riksen (Coins), or Rocks. YUM! [editor's note]

Am I right or am I right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

This reminds me of one of the favorite questions of my elementary school years: "What's grosser than gross?"

Icky icky makes me sicky.

1/05/2006 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home