W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: I'm Becoming Crotchety.

Friday, October 14, 2005

I'm Becoming Crotchety.

I'm returning cLOUDDEAD to the zygote who works with me half-unlistened-to. It sucks. Let me rephrase: It ain't my cup of tea. Even if it was 123 degrees. In the desert. And I hadn't seen a drop of tea in days. He promised me that I would dislike it less than he disliked The Pernice Brothers (which I didn't think he'd like anyway, he just 'ran into it' on someone's hard drive...). But alas, that just cannot be the case. Blegch. Call me a fogey. Go right ahead. I'm set in my ways!

Like 97.8% of the rest of the American high school population, I went through my classic rock phase. Yawn. During college I experimented with blues (kinda cool) and jazz (music that just sorta skitters all over the place makes me pOSiTivElY lOoPy!). Since then, I've been through a trance phase (the more melodic Oakie-type stuff - good to paint the house to. Or do long distance car drives.), a very brief ska period, and a Claude Challe/Buddha Bar/Supperclub phase (not bad overall, but I'm just not cool enough to pull it off....).

I am either too old or too white. Probably both.

I think I'm in the mood for some Tali White pablum (slaver slaver!).

Update: Zygote was impressed that I actually got as far as I did on the cd. And when I told him that it reminded me of John Cage doin' hiphop, I got some street cred.

"John Cage? He is fuckin' awwwwesome, dude!"

Kids these days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home