W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: The Streets of Philadelphia.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Streets of Philadelphia.

Yesterday at The Circus, I saw one of the 'ladies' who works at one of the fish markets begin to unbutton her pants as she made her way to a free bathroom stall. She was also wearing a plastic apron at the time. If you email me, I will tell you which fish market.

****
You know that South Philly/Chicago/LA/Boston hairdo where they plaster down their their bangs with vaseline? I spied it on a two year old girl.

****
On the subway, a woman was pushing a stroller with a two year old in it saying in a singsong I'm-Talking-To-A-Baby voice "He was retarded, wasn't he? That man was super-retarded! Yes he was!"

****
One of my bakers was on Passyunk Ave and saw a gaggle of adults chasing a little person down the street trying to take his picture.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it wrong that I laughed out loud at all of these?

2/20/2009 6:16 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Oh my freaking lord. The super-retarded! slayed me. Also, if they were close to my hood on Passyunk, there is a little person who lives near by, and I hope it wasn't him. Sometimes he goes to my coffee place. That is awful.

And on that note, I hate the term "little person." I think if anything it sounds maybe more offensive than dwarf or midget...so cutesy...Bah, I guess it's their choice until someone comes up w/ something better.

2/21/2009 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home