W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Bigger Than Bullet Points.

Monday, February 09, 2009

Bigger Than Bullet Points.

Amsterdam
Amsterdam was, as it always is, absolutely lovely. The perfect combination of charming quaintness, social progressivism and Nordic functionalism. SFG and I had the best time basically doing not much else than wandering, eating, smoking weed, shopping, and wandering. I bought a skirt and a cute little wool hat at My Favorite Store on the Earth. I want to move there. I think SFG would too...because...

Marriage
...We got engaged! On the plane over. The flight attendants and a Russian nesting doll were involved and then they announced it over the loud speaker when I said yes. How freakin' cute is that? Then some drunk Dutch people came over and handed us a scroll made of USAir placemats with best wishes from the entire plane. How really freakin' cute is that?

We aren't discussing concrete wedding plans just yet, but I have thrown into the hat the idea of having this fabulous Beatles tribute band who does 1964 through 1967 wardrobe changes during the performance. Of course, with a theme like that, one opens up a whole host of options...retro wedding cake toppers, vintage dresses, ...ohhh!

Martha
I beg you please check out this month's issue of Martha. My peanut butter and jelly cupcakes are on pages 45, 46 and 49. Without credit of course, because that's how she operates. And to a fellow Barnard alum at that. How can I be so disappointed in you, Martha, when I completely expected it in the first place? How?

Ernie
We took Ernie to a vet internist ($$$) to have a kidney ultrasound ($$$$)at the behest of our regular vet ($$). Good news is nothing showed up on the ultrasound; bad news is nothing showed up on the ultrasound so he has to go back the our regular vet ($$) for more tests ($$$). I got so frustrated I got an email reading from a psychic animal communicator ($) to ask Ernie what was wrong. He told her his chest hurts, partially because he is highly empathic and part of his 'heart pain' is from bearing the burden of his Mommy's stresses. Waah! He also asked to be tested for diabetes ($), which we might as well do at this point, because, hell, what's another coupla $$?

Taxes
Naah.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

OMFG! Congratulations on the engagement! AWESOME.

And ouch to your wallet. For real. Poor Ernie.

2/09/2009 8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! (On the engagement, not on the poor Ernie.)

The wedding idea sounds fantastic -- I would be talking about a wedding like that for YEARS.

2/10/2009 11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! I'm the anonyman who asked you to tell us about sfg, but I didn't expect this! I loved the signed scroll on the plane.

I don't know you. I found your blog by pure chance -- I hit the "next blog" button when I posted my first blog a few weeks ago. I'd never read blogs and didn't really know what they were until then. Following yours just out of curiosity...

2/15/2009 7:38 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Thanks, M'Ladies!

And welcome, Anon! You can read more about The Courtship of Ernie's Parents in the Stacks (starting July/August 2006!)

2/18/2009 5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lady, can we please get together soon? I miss you! And also, that is the cutest engagement story ever! LOVE it. Also: I am cracking up at the Pets Are Talking website. Hilarious.

2/18/2009 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home