W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Dog on Drugs.

Friday, January 09, 2009

Dog on Drugs.

Mr. Ernesto has been on doxycycline for 24 hours now. Still inconclusive tests results, however the vet (finally) decided to put him on a tick-borne disease treatment plan of heavy antibiotics for one month.

Ahem...that was what I suggested to her two weeks ago, but no, 'it's just a bug'...ahem...I normally love this vet practice, but in this case, I felt that she didn't listen to me. All the signs and symptoms were there for tick disease (ok, maybe not Lyme specifically, but a lot of those tick sicknesses show similar, very vague symptoms), yet she still insisted that false negatives 'almost never happen', when in fact, they are relatively common in both people and dogs, according to numerous sources on the Internets. Ok, I realize I just lost 9/10ths of my credibility by writing 'according to numerous sources on the Internets,' but you've gotta believe me when I say tick disease is happens in this neck of the woods often enough. The point is I know my dog dammit! And he's not acting right!

In any event, I will cease complaining since I got what I wanted. Poor little dude was shivering again this afternoon so I gave him 1/2 Rimadyl for the fever and it seemed to help. He seems to be acting a little perkier, especially since I brought sushi home for him, Molly and me to share. He and I took a car ride to Whole Foods and the sushi joint and he was much more bright-eyed than he'd been in a while. Hopefully my intuition was right and the antibios will restore him to his formally normally puggy self. Poor little guy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shana Maidel said...

do ernie and molly like rolls or sashimi?

1/10/2009 11:48 AM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

They like rolls. I usually give Molly the fish and Ernie eats the nori and rice. Little maki monsters!

1/10/2009 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home