W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Celebrations (?)

Monday, November 03, 2008

Celebrations (?)

  • Praise Be, I only saw one guy passed out on Market Street and one overturned car during the Phillies' parade. And only one guy with a Mets hat happened to walk through the Circus and didn't die because of it. It is a miracle.
  • Oddly enough, some person whom I do not know nominated me to be on the Board of Merchants at The Circus and Praise Be (?), I was elected. Now I'm practically royalty there, heh heh, and only one of three women on a board of 12. I would like to thank my supporters and all the little people our there. Thank you. Thank you. Tax cuts and martinis all around!
  • Ohmygod, are you excited or what? Freakin' nervous more like it! I figured Election themed cupcakes would be a great seller today and tomorrow, so I am capitalizing on the untapped demographic of emotional eaters. OK, yeah, maybe they're a wee bit partisan (The cupcakes or the eaters? Heh heh.). At first I was going to just make some 'Vote' with a checkmark in the 'o' and some 'I voted' cupcakes, but then I figured, oh hell, make a couple trays of 'Obama' cupcakes and throw a few 'McCain's in there for good measure. But then I figured, 'oh hell, fuck it. I'm going whole hog.'

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love them in so many ways it is crazy. They are fantastic! And beautiful. Please tell me they have been selling well.

11/03/2008 6:57 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Thanks, Dax. Yes, selling like hot (cup)cakes! 'Sarah scares me' is by far the best seller.

11/03/2008 7:05 PM  
Blogger Shana Maidel said...

Brilliant!

Did I send you the super funny voting video?

11/04/2008 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like your cupcakes did it! well done.

11/04/2008 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home