W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Too Wiped Out For A Good Title: Brawny Academy.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Too Wiped Out For A Good Title: Brawny Academy.

Arlighty folks. I found this fascinating...a crazy convergence of pop culture, sociology, gender psychology and marketing? Is it just me?

Warning: The video is about 10 minutes long but seriously - it's mesmerizing if you think about the theories that went into making this snippet of [?] entertainment/mind control. I feel rather manipulated...rather dirty, sullied, soiled in fact. Like I ought to wipe myself down with...a paper towel...hmmmm...

For Non-US Readers: Brawny refers to Brawny paper towels, a paper towel that features a 'brawny [American] man' in a plaid shirt. He sported a moustache until about 1 year ago when the marketing trolls went out to middle America to find the Average Brawny Man. Who apparently is now a Real Guy. Who plays the bugle.

Fascinating...

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

So I only watched part of episode one...and holy moly...I want the job of the guy who thought this shit up. Because the job where you can pitch a Brawny commercial mini-series for the internet--THAT'S the job for me.

8/21/2006 7:01 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

PeopleCat was too embarassed to admit it publicly but she texted me last night that she WATCHED ALL SIX EPISODES. I was horrified.

Christine, did you watch the pigs & banjos part? Because that was great. Looking forward to BlogHer Delaware County tomorrow!

8/21/2006 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home