W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Best Day Ever.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Best Day Ever.


















Got up at 10 am to homemade breakfast of Dutch pancakes (thin!) and bacon. Walked over to Kandinsky, followed by an impromptu visit to the Rijksmuseum to see All of Rembrandt's Paintings. At One Time. Ever. How could I pass up the opportunity? Surely I'd be kicking myself on my deathbed. It was kind of cool actually - all of his paintings lined up chronologically. The dude painted quite a bit.

DID YOU KNOW...

that Rembrandt also painted some erotica as well? Indeed! It's always those religious types...

By 2:00 walked over to the Rokerij, had a latte like the civilized woman that I am and then decided to hunt for a nice little cafe for a light lunch bite. So I meandered into a nice cozy looking cafe and took a seat...

...and then I remembered that 'cafe' means bar; it's 'cafe restaurant' that I should have looked for. But I decided to just go with it and ended up having a bottle of Duvel and a piece of homemade apple pie for lunch.

Then started to make my way back home. Ducked in and out of cute shops all day. Bought some chocolate at a patisserie and now I'm back on my bed eating bon bons and watching Madame Bovary.

7 Comments:

Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

Ahhhh, I am ridiculously jealous of you right now!

8/29/2006 12:04 PM  
Blogger Martha Craig said...

Me too, sounds like you're living it up over there.

Have something deep-fried from one of those machines! I was too chicken...

8/29/2006 2:59 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Gah! your day was so much better than mine that I am contemplating going outside to spit on rainy Philadelphia.

8/29/2006 5:45 PM  
Blogger MiMaw said...

Oh I am so green with envy! Such a day in such a place...ahhhh.

8/29/2006 9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...that sounds exactly like my day. oh wait, no it doesn't. I didn't hear anything in there about "chocolate cupcakes"...or, "that one", or "slaw", or "urine soaked cotton shifts"......I hate you.

PS I love you and miss you xx

8/29/2006 10:56 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

GG & Christine: How 'bout BlogHer Delaware Valley has a con here next time? Whaddya say?

Martha: FEBO! No, I'm frightened too. But if I do get the nerve/stomach, there will be pix.

MiMaw: You too, sister!

Rasputina: Canary Con A'dam '08. Promise.

8/30/2006 10:51 AM  
Blogger stinkypaw said...

That's the way to do it!! Enjoy my dear!

8/30/2006 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home