W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: I Will Be at the Bar with My Head on the Bar.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

I Will Be at the Bar with My Head on the Bar.

Right after I finish this post.

According to this WaPo article, some Kentucky wingnuts have opened a museum devoted to Creationism near Cincinnati. Not too strange for Kentucky, I guess, but what I found most disturbing were some statistics (not that I'm big fan of stats, (ahemkerryreallywon), excuse me...) that I have heard from other sources. So, if you either aren't registered with WaPo.com or you just can't bear the softheadedness anymore, here are some highlights:

"We're placing this one in the hall that explains the post-Flood world," explains the guide. "When dinosaurs lived with man."


"We call him our 'missionary lizard,' " [the guide] says. "When people realize the T. rex lived in Eden, it will lead us to a discussion of the gospel. The T. rex once was a vegetarian, too."


Polls taken last year showed that 45 percent of Americans believe that God created humans in their present form 10,000 years ago (or less) and that man shares no common ancestor with the ape. Only 26 percent believe in the central tenet of evolution, that all life descended from a single ancestor.

Another poll showed that 65 percent of Americans want creationism taught alongside evolution.

Hopefully that EU passport will come through. Yikes. Off for a tall one.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my. Drinking wine as we speak to deal with this one. At least the Eagles won?

-Daximus

9/25/2005 6:30 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

I didn't even use the word 'argument' in this post, Ped. It's obviously a rant. Take a look at the name of blog- I certainly didn't mean to confuse anyone into thinking that this was a high-minded forum in which different points of view would be treated equally.

I'd like to see that list of '100 major colleges.' Challenge what science? Creationism isn't science; that's the whole issue. Ped, IMHO, people who are highly educated and believe in creationism are kooky. Perhaps your confusing 'Intelligent Design' with creationism- one is a few notches less kooky than the other, I'll give you that. If the guy who invented the MRI wants to believe in that drivel, then by all means, believebelievebelieve. Just don't teach it to my children. And don't make me pay for it either.

9/26/2005 8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or, if I may add, teach it in some sort of theology or philosophy class. It's not that I mind the idea of intelligent design being taught in context, but is sure as fraak ain't science.

-Daximus

9/26/2005 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home