W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: God's Got A Sick Sense of Humor: Depeche Who?

Sunday, September 18, 2005

God's Got A Sick Sense of Humor: Depeche Who?

Last night I had a serious senior moment. Whilst really enjoying my corn-crusted diver scallops at Alma de Cuba last night, I was blathering about how much I did not want to see Depeche Mode at that Borgata. (Armchair shrink: a psychological scar from being unceremoniously dumped on the way to a DM show back in high school? Hmm...) Bojack asked me to give a quick rundown on some of their old songs...

"Puh-leeze! You know, Everything Counts, Strange Love, Mah-stah & Servant, Personal Jesus, all of those.... And that one about the two girls...you know the one. It was every teenage girl's theme song at one point or another."

Silence. Stare.

"Argh! You know, the one about the girl who tries to commit suicide - 'slashed her wrists, bored with life' and the girl who fell in love with Jesus, got into the car crash and died! That one!"

It wasn't just the sangria. It was old age. I'm convinced. I'm losin' my edge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home