W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: My Piano Teacher Is Dead.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

My Piano Teacher Is Dead.

So I found out today. After hearing that PeopleCat's and my 5th grade teacher Mrs. Rodgers died (RIP, Mary. Cheers to baby chicks, Challenger and Bye Bye Birdie!) last week I decided to check the Social Security Death Index, something I do occasionally out of purely morbid curiousity/schadenfreude to see if anyone I know but haven't been in contact with in a while has left for the Great Beyond yet. And there she was, Mrs. Sittner. Gone. It's been years since I've had lessons, much less touched the piano, but it still makes me a little sad. Makes me feel old! And she was in her 90s for chrissakes!

It makes me think of my very last recital. Rachmaninoff's Prelude in C# Minor. Not sure I could get that back, but it would be fun to try.

This really makes me want to run out, buy a decent keyboard and play a few etudes. Here's to you, Julia. I promise I'll practice.

Totally unrelated addendum: Why was XPN playing Neil Diamond this morning?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home