W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Two Memes in a Row is a Bit Much, Oy Vey, Dontchya Think?

Monday, June 01, 2009

Two Memes in a Row is a Bit Much, Oy Vey, Dontchya Think?

What is your current obsession?

Jon and Kate no doubt. Who isn't? I'm simply riveted by the Pennsylvania drama, in part because it is a local phenomenon here in PA, in part because they seemed like they had it together. Is she a raving bitch? I'll concede she is, but someone better keep those 8, or 9 if you count Jon, kids in line. I will also concede that Jon is 'greasy' (Thank you, PeopleCat, for the descriptor) but he has pretty green eyes, don't you think? Can't wait to watch TMZ tonight.

What is your weirdest obsession?
I love plaids of all shapes and sizes. Classic tartans, funky spin-off plaids, retro plaids, modern plaids. If I could get away with wearing multiple plaids together, I would. I am also obsessed with good cheeses, mostly goudas, but triple cremes are nice too.

What are you wearing today?

Green scoop neck, floral print skirt from Urban Outfitters circa 2002, black Merrells. I am usually wearing something green (in addition to my green glasses). I love a nice bright, classic rainbow color green. No hunter green though.

What's for dinner?

Dunno. It's 11am.

What would you eat for your last meal?

A 'Fiery Rooster' stromboli SFG brought home last night. I want to die this morning.

What's the last thing you bought?

Excluding the iced coffee this morning...? A pug-wearing-crown keychain from the ArtStar Craft Festival on Penn's Landing yesterday.

What are you listening to right now?

Family Court with Judge Penny and the dryer.

What do you think of the person who tagged you?

Martha is a fabulous human being. Pity she's on the other side of the world. I'd drink wine with her and purchase cute stuff from her shop all the time. xxoo!

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?

Amsterdam, of course. On the Herengracht or Prisengracht. I'd take the pad they had on America's Next Top Model in a heartbeat.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?

Iceland! I can't get a soul to go with me.

Which language do you want to learn?

I would like to finish learning French. I can pick it up a bit and barely get by whenever I go somewhere Frenchy, but I'd like to have the confidence actually have a conversation with someone that doesn't involve bodily necessities.

What is your favorite colour?

Greens. And blues that are in the wedgwood/grey family.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?

Oh, it would have to be my Andrea Moore cocktail dress in the most terrific shade of blue-green that I dragged back from New Zealand.

What is your dream job?

One of those people who show brides and grooms around a potential wedding venue. Piece O Cake! Or a recipe tester or food stylist.

What's your favourite magazine?

Harper's. Yes, I'm a nerd.

If you had £100 now, what would you spend it on?

The most adorable black heels I saw at Benjamin Lovell last week. I wish I had a picture.

Describe your personal style?

Sloppy but clean. Downtown clothes worn in an uptown way.

What are you going to do after this?

Clean out the fridge and look for a job.

What are your favourite films?

Oy. Goofdfellas. A Christmas Story. Harold and Kumar. Little Children.

What's your favourite fruit?
Raspberries.

What inspires you?

People who can get up over and over again despite being battered and beaten.

Do you collect anything?

Sick animals. Scotches. Shirazes. A-line skirts with prints.

Your favourite animal?

Cats. I wish I could have a cat farm.

What are you currently reading?

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz.

Go to your book shelf, take down the first book with a red spine you see, turn to page 26 and type out the first line:

Three years after his father's death, Nusswan married.

By what criteria do you judge a person?

By their chill-ness and ability to get snarkiness.

What skill would you like to acquire immediately?

Sewing a-line skirts.

The rules:
1. Respond and rework; answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, add one more question of your own.
2. Tag eight other people. Tagging, with love:
I don't read 8 other blogs and some bloggers I was going to tag are already tagged, so you'll just have to deal: Monkey and Christine.

I hope I don't have 40 years of bad luck for not tagging 8. And I didn't add an extra question either, rebel I am.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll do it. Did you know that sewing skirts is incredibly easy? Like Monkey easy. This may sound lame, but really it is kind of fun- go to the local Jo-Ann that has Creative University (I did not make that up)and sign up for a sewing workshop. In 3 hours- boom!- welcome to A-line city.

6/01/2009 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home