W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Sometimes You Have to Hit the Bottom to Work Your Way Back Up to the Top, Yes?

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Sometimes You Have to Hit the Bottom to Work Your Way Back Up to the Top, Yes?

Within minutes of applying to Pei Wei for an Assistant Manager position, I got a call from a business acquaintance who recently purchased a building and wants me to open Cantankerous Canary TOO in the retail space on the first floor. The location is awesome - in fact, it is within two blocks of the other location that I was looking at in the fall. Within the hospital sprawl, about five blocks from The Canary. He would really like to see me in the space and offered me a pretty sweet offer to get in there. And he doesn't want 1/2 of my business interest like the last person who offered me a space. He just wants to be a regular, normal landlord. And I can be a regular, normal tenant.

Must do some Zen-itating on this and get back to you...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an exciting opportunity. You have a lot to think about.....

As someone who waitressed her way through college I cannot imagine voluntarily being an asst manager at a restaurant. Do you hate all of your shoes, smelling good and spending nights and weekends with family and friends?

6/02/2009 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home